Mystery Movie That Used VIA Rail Canadian Equipment
Author: Floyd Smoot
Date: 01-11-2009 - 07:05

Does anyone know anything about a movie I've seen on TV several times that was filmed in Canada and included extensive scenes on board VIA Rail "Canadian" equipment? I've thoroughly checked the Internet Movie Data Base with no luck. I seem to remember that it starred either Robert Hayes (Airplane!) or Cliff De Young (Flashback). As is the norm with stuff churned out by Tinseltown, the plot was typical Hollywood schlock and the film was replete with technical errors, but the on-location scenes with the train equipment made me sit up and take notice. I believe it was a lame comedy and one characteristic I remember was the character of the train conductor. He was an old guy counting his days until retirement and, anytime someone asked him an important question, he'd sit back, light up his pipe, and start to reminisce about the old days or talk about something that the other party couldn't care less about.

Does any of this ring a bell with anyone?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Mystery Movie That Used VIA Rail Canadian Equipment Floyd Smoot 01-11-2009 - 07:05
  Re: Mystery Movie That Used VIA Rail Canadian Equipment LWBaxter 01-11-2009 - 14:25
  Re: Mystery Movie That Used VIA Rail Canadian Equipment Floyd Smoot 01-11-2009 - 21:45

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com