BLA-BLA-BLA
Author: ZZZzzzz
Date: 02-20-2021 - 12:10

Glass_ halfempty • 1 hour agoDear environment, the beatings shall continue until moral improves.flat woman • 2 hours agoI suppose there will be opposition to this, but I love the idea. I hope it happens quickly and wish it great success.Uri • 4 hours agoRyan. NCRA agenda gave the mile markers to be rail banked. That indicated up to about the Balloon tract not Samoa. I haven't been able to get the actual motion passed. Do you know something else other than what was on the agenda?Dyslexia010 • 13 hours agoIf there is forest remaining, they will destroy it in the name of progress.creeksdude • 4 hours agoProjects like this tend to do the opposite of that. Where public access is encouraged, restoration and preservation is also.Elliott Smith • 15 hours agoFor 5 billion dollars we could have maglev trains or regular trains going down one of the most beautiful train rides in the world. People would come from all over for a ride both north and south. At the end of the ride people would have to stay around Eureka and all aling the way too. A nice station could be at The Balloon Track or other locations along what is left of the train tracks. Does Fort Seward still have a train station? I used to ride the freight trains just for the ride and it was awesome..I'm sure that thousands of people are just waiting to walk to the Bay Area. What a joke. The state has billions for anything as long as the poor don't get a dollar of it.Area Man • 1 hour agoAs much as I love trains, the geology in the eel river valley is just too unstable to run them there. Hike-bike-horse trails are the only option for that stretch.I'd love to be able to catch a train in Willits and ride it down to the bay area, though - that seems practicable. Running a trail more or less parallel to that passenger train could be great for people who might want to hop on and off the train or trail for certain stretches.Dan • 1 hour agoThe rail near destroyed the Eel. In the past, to deal with slides the operators would just take slide material from the high side and dump to the low side- the river.Some of these slides were near a mile long, leaving the fish to deal with it..creeksdude • 4 hours ago5 billion wouldn't even get you to Dyerville.Chris Turner • 14 hours agoChoo-choo fantasy.fry • 14 hours agoI'm a train fan also. The Coast Range is just too new geographically. We can't even keep a road open to Crescent City. . Not a good idea. The cost of construction is $1 Billion. The other $4 Billion was Environmental. "Potential Environmental Remediation, Mitigation, and Liability Environmental remediation, mitigation, and liability costs are estimated at $4 billion based on a precursory analysis of existing conditions visible in thecorridor; prior environmental studies, databases, and consent decrees; cost comparisons; and knowledge of current regulation. It includes an assessment of project-level environmental studies and wetland mitigation, which will vary depending on the project design. It also estimates remediation of known hazardous waste contaminants as part of a larger trail project. A detaileddiscussion can be found starting on page 64 and in Appendix F."

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  NCRA Votes to Railbank NWP Willits to Samoa Alf Doten 02-20-2021 - 10:44
  Key-step-redwood-trail-ncra-board-votes-rail keyless 02-20-2021 - 11:22
  Re: Key-step-redwood-trail-ncra-board-votes-rail Alf Doten 02-20-2021 - 11:57
  BLA-BLA-BLA ZZZzzzz 02-20-2021 - 12:10
  NCRA still with us? A confused Eel 02-20-2021 - 19:03
  Re: NCRA still with us? Nope! You were right, Eel ! pink 'phant 02-20-2021 - 19:26
  Re: NCRA still with us? running link extra pink 'phant 02-20-2021 - 19:42
  That page seems not to exist. Sorry. Jack Link's link instead 02-20-2021 - 18:23
  Re: NCRA Votes to Railbank NWP Willits to Samoa Bob the Train Guy 02-22-2021 - 07:41
  Re: NCRA Votes to Railbank NWP Willits to Samoa Alf Doten 02-22-2021 - 12:28
  Re: NCRA Votes to Railbank NWP Willits to Samoa off topic ron 02-22-2021 - 14:22
  Re: NCRA Votes to Railbank NWP Willits to Samoa Captian Obvious 02-22-2021 - 17:51
  Re: NCRA Votes to Railbank NWP Willits to Samoa Bob the Train Guy 02-23-2021 - 06:22
  Re: NCRA Votes to Railbank NWP Willits to Samoa Paul the Accounting Guy 02-22-2021 - 15:35
  Re: NCRA Votes to Railbank NWP Willits to Samoa ron 02-22-2021 - 19:48
  Re: NCRA Votes to Railbank NWP Willits to Samoa Bob the Train Guy 02-23-2021 - 06:13

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com