Re: LAUPT "run-thru" will be finshed by 2028.. Yeah, that's kind of what the meeting needed to clarify and didn't....
Author: BOB2
Date: 03-16-2021 - 17:46

Dept of Fail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The "mar-hole" won't have started the first EIR by
> then!
>
> That project has so many fingers involved, it'll
> take a "natural disaster" to the bluffs for the
> hole to be punched and in service in any of our
> life-spans!

I wish I could say no....

But, in my garage are the original blue print segment by segment design sheets for the proposed American High Speed Rail Corporation original 1980 route and structure design sheets. These were given to me by my old friend and mentor Nat Read, formerly of AHSRC, whom I later had the pleasure of working with on the 710 tunnel alternative under South Pasadena....

So, I have the original drawings that looked at the Del Mar bluffs bypass 40 years ago... And, the nimby's have sentenced the west San Gabriel Valley to eternal freeway gridlock, fuel waste, and avoidable greenhouse gases, by finally destroying the 710 tunnel project...

So, as the zen master might say on Del Mar, we'll see.... In theory, if this can be made a win win for the bluffs folks, the route closer to the I-5 or some variant seems more :"nimby friendly". Underground geology here is also a big factor, as there is a reason most of this area "wants" to naturally fall into the ocean by sheer force of gravity, with a lot of "unstable geology" and "ground water". Words, that mean serious dollars to this one time hoghead, who went into how to pay for building things like choo-choo lines....

Union Station is already underway, based on the commitment from these dufus' (once again could someone school me on the proper plural of dufus...???), to be completed and in operation before the 2028 Olympics. Which, is maybe why LACMTA's rep seemed to be throwing those hand grenades at Kelly today, in her "testimony"....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Del Mar Bluffs and LAUS Run Through projects - Bob2 J Mann 03-16-2021 - 16:46
  LAUPT "run-thru" will be finshed by 2028.. Dept of Fail 03-16-2021 - 17:17
  Re: LAUPT "run-thru" will be finshed by 2028.. Yeah, that's kind of what the meeting needed to clarify and didn't.... BOB2 03-16-2021 - 17:46
  Re: LAUPT "run-thru" will be finshed by 2028.. Yeah, that's kind of what the meeting needed to clarify and didn't.... WebDigger 03-16-2021 - 20:52
  Re: LAUPT "run-thru" will be finshed by 2028.. Yeah, that's kind of what the meeting needed to clarify and didn't.... BOB2 03-16-2021 - 21:16
  Re: LAUPT "run-thru" will be finshed by 2028.. Yeah, that's kind of what the meeting needed to clarify and didn't.... BOB2 03-16-2021 - 23:28

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com