Re: Van Nuys Metrolink to the Expo Line-Very low demand/high cost compared to other corridors....
Author: BOB2
Date: 04-21-2021 - 15:28

I guess it IS 4/20 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Van Nuys Metrolink to the Expo Line" "and LAX and
> the Green Line to the south."
>
> I didn't know SCAX could clear high platforms!
>
> I also didn't know SCAX could run at the same time
> as LRVS!

Did you read it? Or, did you just take a big hit, and hit post message?

Despite the eternal ability of the San Fernando Valley to whine, whimper, and complain, az the eternal tail that wags the dog of LA internal politics, this line is really expensive, and performs poorly compared to other projects.

The Sepulveda Pass has a lot of traffic. Which create the political backdrop for the purported "need" for tranist. But, how much of that traffic (those individual vehichle trips) is to and from destinations, with a sufficient volume of "on-line", or even "near line", trip attracdtion, which would be time/cost competitive is another issue. Lines like the South Bay extension north on Crenshaw from the Expo Corridor to Hollywood, with Metro Subway connections at Wilshire and Hollywood Blve, or the UP/West Santa Ana Branch Corridor both seem to offer much better performance, at much lower total cost.

As to "monorail" there is no particular advantages in construction or operations, and many noted disadbantages in O&M costs and procurement.

The Valley will alway whine.... The last Valley project I was involved with was the 101 widening (no we didn't, the nimby's went apeS#it....) with Councilman Tommy La Bonge, and the Valley has the most irrational Nimby's in CA, south of Marin... Is the Two Track Metrolink main track finally complete all of the way to Chatsworth? The Nimby's haven't even started on this hodgepodge of alternatives....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Monorail for Lala? RRR 04-20-2021 - 16:43
  los-angeles-county-metropolitan-transportation-authority-five-route-alternativ es-to-be-studied-for-sepulveda-transit-corridor BUS BOZO 04-20-2021 - 17:26
  Re: los-angeles-county-metropolitan-transportation-authority-five-route-alternat ives-to-be-studied-for-sepulveda-transit-corridor Rudi Toot Toot 04-21-2021 - 21:06
  Van Nuys Metrolink to the Expo Line Jake 04-20-2021 - 20:26
  Re: Van Nuys Metrolink to the Expo Line I guess it IS 4/20 04-20-2021 - 21:07
  Re: Van Nuys Metrolink to the Expo Line-Very low demand/high cost compared to other corridors.... BOB2 04-21-2021 - 15:28

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com