Re: Farhad's Statement to the STB re: Freight Service
Author: CCTGM
Date: 04-21-2021 - 18:20

I noticed sure of anyone’s fixation with 136lb rail as many railroads still operate on rail that is less than 100lb and still run 286000lb rail cars so new 115lb rail will last for years and if customers want rail service they need to make a commitment which many never did for the NWP, I have always worked with many customers over my 52 years in the business and the serious customer always made a commitment not some pie in the sky I want to use rail , in some cases we did do a field of dreams construction project and built it looking for someone to use the new trackage but in doing market studies the need was there , In the north bay on the NWP is there a need . Freight rail to be profitable needs at least 100 cars to the mile to break even. NWP has a 1st class mainline to operate on that they do not have to maintain for a portion of the trackage and have no where near 100 cars to the mile excluding the storage of cars at the yard in Shellville. Storage pays the bills on many marginal operations . With SMART taking over the freight operations and the NIMBY opposition to hazmat car storage will they allow the operator to keep storing cars?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Farhad's Statement to the STB re: Freight Service Eric 04-21-2021 - 09:53
  Re: Farhad's Statement to the STB re: Freight Service WWW 04-21-2021 - 10:56
  Re: Farhad's Statement to the STB re: Freight Service Goober 04-21-2021 - 14:15
  Re: Farhad's Statement to the STB re: Freight Service CCTGM 04-21-2021 - 18:20
  Re: Farhad's Statement to the STB re: Freight Service ron 04-22-2021 - 09:07

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com