Re: OOS UP branch in fullerton? I miss the old Hunt's food job....
Author: BOB2
Date: 04-23-2021 - 11:42

SP had a job out of Anaheim, that used to switch Hunt's food on the UP branch (Hunt's now long gone) right past the interlocking across the 3rd District, west of Fullerton Depot.

The UP Fullerton Branch was actually the Anaheim Branch, and went all of the way, parallel to the 4th District to where there was a switch to the SP side (all also gone today...). You can still see the old ROW and traces of were they came together from the LOSSAN or ML trains, where it currently branches off of he BNSF (where the interlocking and Hunt's switch was just past the interlocking), all of the way in bits and pieces to where they built all of the new in-fill housing in Anaheim about 20 years ago....

Hunt's made Ketchup, and canned tomato paste, and took tank cars of vegetable oil for bottling. The Hunt's switcher was a long boring night job, heavy loads, on a teeter totter grade, with the alligator's open mouth of the interlocking derail that red interlocking signal alway about a car length away, by the time you out on every long cut switching move... It was one of those jobs that meandered anonymously through the back waters of Orange County in the dark of night, but I loved running it... It was the classic SP Sou Cal local of the 70's....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  OOS UP branch in fullerton? # 04-23-2021 - 09:30
  Re: OOS UP branch in fullerton? UP1587 04-23-2021 - 10:07
  Re: OOS UP branch in fullerton? I miss the old Hunt's food job.... BOB2 04-23-2021 - 11:42
  I miss the old Hunt's food job...June 1997 Terminal Decline 04-23-2021 - 14:20
  Re: I miss the old Hunt's food job...June 1997 Chris 11-08-2023 - 23:01
  UP Depot move Fullerton 1980- I miss the old Hunt's food job.... Orange Peel 04-23-2021 - 17:53
  Re: OOS UP branch in fullerton? I miss the old Hunt's food job.... FULLERTON PRS PVs 04-23-2021 - 18:17
  Fascinating virtual archaeology Carman San Diego 04-23-2021 - 19:49
  Re: Fascinating virtual archaeology phixer 04-24-2021 - 14:46
  Re: OOS UP branch in fullerton? Eugene 04-24-2021 - 23:16

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com