Re: The troll trolls... But, Spring is a time for optimism...
Author: BOB2
Date: 05-01-2021 - 05:02

bigBobfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So do you think this is just hot air, or will some
> good come out of it?

It's politics, so the hot air to reality ratio is never in equilibrium....

I think that there is more recognition of the poor state of our infrastructure in many areas, including rail passenger. How cost effective and politically realistic some of these proposed investment are is a real issue... Promises are easy, delivery isn't....

We have some choices ahead in this debate over infrastructure... We can have more CAHSRA fiasco's, or we can finish the LAUS run-through project before the 2028 Olympics (which in now threatened by the incompetence, cost overruns, and completely irresponsible mismanagement at the CAHSRA fiasco.... I am more focused on how they set up the processes for makiing those kind of funding and project decisions, so we have less CAHSRA fiasco's and more LAUS "high value" projects...

I am more hopeful that this debate will focus on "needed" projects like Del Mar bluffs, and the ACE connection to make use of the bloated wasteful stranded investment on the current CAHSRA fiasco in the Valley, will get more attention and priority, than unaffordable gold plated boondoggles like Pacheco...

I would also like to see more use of true "public/private" partnerships, in using private financing and intiatives to build bothnew rail passenger and road capacity, like we see with Brightline's projects, and as has been used to build new toll roads and added highway capacity, in some places.

I would like to see more highway and bridge funding... And, I would like to see less emphasis on this complete streets nonsense, so popular in planning schools, that ignores reality, and our observed travel behavior and real travel needs.

There is likely to be some kind of increased level of funding. How much, for what, and how those projects will work matters a lot though.... I tried to keep political expectations lowered in my long career, especailly when responding to political rhetoric like this, that way we didn't get our tits caught in a wringer, by promising too much, and delivering too little....

So, as the Zen master says: "We'll see"....?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  What? Biden in Philly for Amtrak at 50, and you are there..... Some red meat for a Friday night.... And, meanwhile in Florida... BOB2 04-30-2021 - 19:27
  Re: What? Biden in Philly for Amtrak at 50, and you are there..... Some red meat for a Friday night.... And, meanwhile in Florida... bigBobfan 04-30-2021 - 19:50
  And, meanwhile in BLOB2land..Rita Hole has lived with the railroad's noise for decades.  Air Test 04-30-2021 - 23:28
  Re: The troll trolls... But, Spring is a time for optimism... BOB2 05-01-2021 - 05:02
  Re: The troll trolls... But, Spring is a time for optimism... FUD 05-01-2021 - 06:59
  Re: The troll trolls... But, Spring is a time for optimism... Commenter 05-01-2021 - 10:37
  Re: The troll trolls... But, Spring is a time for optimism... FUD 05-02-2021 - 09:08
  Re: The troll trolls... But, Spring is a time for optimism... @FUD Fired 05-02-2021 - 09:34
  Re: The troll trolls... BOB2 05-02-2021 - 11:32
  Re: The troll trolls... WebDigger 05-02-2021 - 13:20
  The troll trolls truth... Bozo 05-03-2021 - 15:13
  No suprise when he trolls... LOL! 05-04-2021 - 17:29
  The troll trolls... But, Spring is a time for King Troll Trip Over Own Words2 and his "pipe" ! $9.95 billion in g.o. bonds 05-01-2021 - 16:43
  Re: Spring is a time for King Troll to demonstrate his obsessive compulsive fixation for all to see....... BOB2 05-01-2021 - 17:03
  King Troll2 to demonstrate his genius for all to see....... "obseesive compuklsive" 05-01-2021 - 17:35

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com