The Gateses are also among the largest private landowners in the U.S.
Author: Key
Date: 06-11-2021 - 22:14

When Bill Gates and Melinda French Gates announced their surprise split after 27 years of marriage, they said there would be no changes to their $50 billion foundation.

The fate of the foundation is just one aspect of the divorce.

Gates, 65, a Microsoft co-founder, is the fourth-richest person in the world, with a net worth of $143.8 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

His biggest asset is Cascade, the holding company he created with the proceeds of Microsoft stock sales and dividends that’s run by Larson. Through Cascade,

Gates has interests in real estate, energy and hospitality as well as stakes in dozens of public companies, including Canadian National Railway and Deere & Co.

The Gateses are also among the largest private landowners in the U.S.

In recent weeks, there have been several transfers of shares worth more than $3 billion from Cascade to French Gates, including Deere, Canadian National Railway Co. and AutoNation Inc.

That’s just a fraction of the approximately $50 billion in public equities reported by the firm.

gates-divorce-spurs-changes-to-foundation

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Gee! I guess we have Bill Gates to thank for all those reefer loads out of Pasco. E.H. Scaryman 06-11-2021 - 11:10
  Re: Gee! I guess we have Bill Gates to thank for all those reefer loads out of Pasco. WAF 06-11-2021 - 12:31
  Re: Gee! I guess we have Bill Gates to thank for all those reefer loads out of Pasco. E.H. Scaryman 06-11-2021 - 12:43
  Re: Gee! I guess we have Bill Gates to thank for all those reefer loads out of Pasco. Ross Hall 06-11-2021 - 17:41
  Re: Gee! I guess we have Bill Gates to thank for all those reefer loads out of Pasco. WAF 06-11-2021 - 17:54
  Re: Gee! I guess we have Bill Gates to thank for all those reefer loads out of Pasco. WTF 06-12-2021 - 05:30
  Re: Gee! I guess we have Bill Gates to thank for all those reefer loads out of Pasco. WAF 06-12-2021 - 14:28
  Re: Gee! I guess we have Bill Gates to thank for all those reefer loads out of Pasco. SD9E 06-14-2021 - 23:00
  The Gateses are also among the largest private landowners in the U.S. Key 06-11-2021 - 22:14
  Re: The Gateses are also among the largest private landowners in the U.S. SD9E 06-14-2021 - 23:22
  Re: The Gateses are also among the largest private landowners in the U.S. Koko Injun Joe 06-18-2021 - 08:42

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com