Re: For those following the Howard Terminal Drama
Author: J Mann
Date: 06-22-2021 - 16:20

That was a good article. Well thought out. Something the writer doesn't mention directly is that the A's are also looking at other cities. Portland Oregon and Las Vegas both are both working on proposals to bring the A's to their cities. Portland has the Portland Diamond Project that has done a lot of work planning for a possible team. Their plan is also to have a waterfront ballpark. But lately I think they may not have the inside track as much as Las Vegas. According to some recent articles I read the A's owner has made multiple trips down to Las Vegas. I would guess they will be seeing how the Raiders do this year to see how the LV area supports a pro-franchise. I would think that it will go well for the Raiders which will make them a front runner for an A's new home.

It's funny that in the article they mention that Oakland has been cut off from the Bay by railroads and ports. Most of the land along the bay was marshland that the railroads filled in and made Oakland what it is today (good or bad). It's like complaining that the San Francisco waterfront was cut off by the shipping piers. It wasn't until the shipping moved over to Oakland that the San Francisco waterfront became available for other uses.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  For those following the Howard Terminal Drama E.H. Scaryman 06-22-2021 - 15:20
  Re: For those following the Howard Terminal Drama J Mann 06-22-2021 - 16:20
  Re: For those following the Howard Terminal Drama An Observer 06-22-2021 - 16:44
  Re: For those following the Howard Terminal Drama E.H. Scaryman 06-22-2021 - 17:22
  Re: For those following the Howard Terminal Drama V. Stiff 06-22-2021 - 23:08
  Re: For those following the Howard Terminal Drama Old enough to know better 06-23-2021 - 14:16
  Re: For those following the Howard Terminal Drama Sigmund Freud 06-23-2021 - 15:10
  Re: For those following the Howard Terminal Drama Still slummin' Siggy? 06-23-2021 - 15:38
  Re: For those following the Howard Terminal Drama FUD 06-23-2021 - 16:05
  Re: For those following the Howard Terminal Drama Stick to talking trains 06-24-2021 - 07:59

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com