Re: Spirit of Washington Dinner Train, Last run when? How much freight still on line?
Author: S. L. Murray
Date: 03-01-2007 - 13:58

Mudslides between Seattle and Everett? Why would this be a problem? Bitter sarcasm aside, I'm really surprised BNSF has sold out for these few pieces of silver. I would have thought they had learned from the Washington Central and MRL.

The other part of this which I find so irritating (as a King. Co. taxpayer & railroader) is that the mechanism which would MOST allow this corridor to be broken up and sold off for development is if the rails are removed. The parts of the abandonment process, especially the OFA, are supposedly biased towards preservation of rail service. The value of the line, as I understand it, is NOT allowed to be determined by redevelopment or speculation. So, the line is much easier preserved as a working railroad, but once abandoned, then there are almost no legal or other mechanisms to preserve the corridor.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Spirit of Washington Dinner Train, Last run when? How much freight still on line? Ross Hall 03-01-2007 - 12:13
  Re: Spirit of Washington Dinner Train, Last run when? How much freight still on line? Donovan Gray 03-01-2007 - 12:18
  Re: Spirit of Washington Dinner Train, Last run when? How much freight still on line? S. L. Murray 03-01-2007 - 12:30
  Re: Spirit of Washington Dinner Train, Last run when? How much freight still on line? Dale Martin 03-01-2007 - 12:49
  Re: Spirit of Washington Dinner Train, Last run when? How much freight still on line? S. L. Murray 03-01-2007 - 13:58
  Re: Spirit of Washington Dinner Train, Last run when? How much freight still on line? Rich Hunn 03-01-2007 - 18:12
  Re: Spirit of Washington Dinner Train, Last run when? How much freight still on line? Marsha Tolson 03-17-2007 - 10:02

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com