New York border to New Haven rails (1985) for $8.5 million and we turned our nose up at the SP Coast purchase option
Author: Kiki ni Stoopido Foam
Date: 09-12-2021 - 14:05

How did Connecticut assume ownership of the rail line after the Penn Central/Conrail bankruptcy?

Connecticut purchased the portion of the New Haven Line from the New York border to New Haven in 1985 for $8.5 million.

The price also included three branch lines to Danbury, New Canaan, and Waterbury.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/92/1c/23/921c236e398607f6133669f33001d92c--woods-trains.jpg

PS- In my recent issue of Westways magazine, there is an Amtrak bus service advert. that goes from LA to Las Vegas making stops at Victorville, San Bernardino and Barstow. It is branded "Amtrak Pacific Surfliner"bus service.

The Pacific Surfliner runs nowhere near Las Vegas!

I thought Amtrak was banned from offering out of state bus service!!!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  New York border to New Haven rails (1985) for $8.5 million and we turned our nose up at the SP Coast purchase option Kiki ni Stoopido Foam 09-12-2021 - 14:05

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com