Re: Trains Sure Do Suck, That's Why Everyone Else Hates Them So Much?
Author: RuleG on Trainorders
Date: 11-24-2021 - 15:16

We had a good run Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try as they might, government just can't muster
> the competence to build an express passenger train
> from Chicago to Iowa, or Chicago to St. Louis.
> Private carriers, through the free enterprise
> system, had that all built in 1940 -- a system
> that was second to none! Who can deny that? Only
> a government consultant, I guess.

During the 1980s, I lived in Albany, NY. Prior to my moving there, New York State invested money in the Albany - New York City corridor. The trains were (still are) high-ish, if not true high-speed. The multiple frequencies and quick speeds made Amtrak a truly convenient way to travel between Albany and New York City.

If the private sector does so much better than the government in the realm of ground passenger transportation, I would expect to see a lot of commentary extoling the virtues of Megabus, Greyhound and/or various Trailways affiliates. There is no such commentary.

Even flying (again operated by private entities), for many, has become a miserable experience.

Your posts are nothing more the government-bashing.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Columbus cannot even get a streetcar t 11-24-2021 - 10:43
  The Midwest Rail Plan: A Disaster Waiting to Happen Actual Title 11-24-2021 - 11:07
  Re: The Midwest Rail Plan: A Disaster Waiting to Happen.. So says, Randall O'Toole BOB2 11-24-2021 - 12:00
  Re: The Midwest Rail Plan: A Disaster Waiting to Happen.. So says, Randall O'Toole t 11-24-2021 - 13:00
  Re: The Midwest Rail Plan: A Disaster Waiting to Happen.. So says, Randall O'Toole We had a good run 11-24-2021 - 13:19
  Re: Trains Sure Do Suck, That's Why Everyone Else Hates Them So Much? BOB2 11-24-2021 - 13:55
  Re: Trains Sure Do Suck, That's Why Everyone Else Hates Them So Much? We had a good run 11-24-2021 - 14:07
  Re: Trains Sure Do Suck, That's Why Everyone Else Hates Them So Much? t 11-24-2021 - 15:13
  Re: Trains Sure Do Suck, That's Why Everyone Else Hates Them So Much? RuleG on Trainorders 11-24-2021 - 15:16

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com