Re: Left turns in SF
Author: George Andrews
Date: 12-02-2021 - 17:51

I pulled a set of LTL DOUBLES through downtown San Francisco !!! Back in my Conway Western days -- early 1990's. On my return run from a Santa Rosa layover, I was dispatched with a set of empties - USR to USJ San Jose. Having a CalTrans bridge toll card, and not wanting to have to drive across Richmond - San Rafael Bridge and through East Bay -- again for the 2nd night -- I decided to Run U.S. 101 - ALL THE WAY !!! ( It was all truck legal back then; don't know about nowadays. )
It was neat to pull doubles across Golden Gate Bridge --UNTIL I arrived at the toll plaza and was told : " That CalTrans card doesn't work here. " Terrific ... Sooo I had to pay the fee on my credit card. The company never reimbursed me, saying " I was not on the authorized route ", ( they did NOT give me ANY route instructions beforehand ) even though I did save the company some fuel and myself some time. Making the ( right ) turn from E/B Lombard to S/B Van Ness was cool !!!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Left turns in SF v 12-01-2021 - 10:48
  Re: Left turns in SF Just Sayin'... 12-01-2021 - 20:15
  Re: Left turns in SF Ironside hates me 12-01-2021 - 20:42
  Re: Left turns in SF David Dewey 12-02-2021 - 09:58
  Re: Left turns in SF George Andrews 12-02-2021 - 17:51

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com