Standing in the bread line
Author: Welcome back,USSR!
Date: 01-01-2022 - 15:27

CPI
2020 1.4

2021 6.8

Shortages over the last year or do you mean today?

Over the last year-too mamy items to list that were out of stock at local stores(including online).

Today - I am still looking for certain electronics (that are sitting on a ship off the coast at anchor).

Plenty of places that make stuff have reduced volume (including the factory to the world-china) or closed down operations 100%.

Inflation pressure is of more concern on daily life. You can't name anything here that is not 20cents - 100dollars+ MORE than it was even six months ago! REALLY! EVERYTHING! #I did see my fuel grade at my chevron go down six cents a gallon yesterday. Shame that savings vanishes the minute I leave the station.

"just in time" is to blame (it is of course more than one thing at play here)

I see z trains moving and not a lot of stored wells in holes around here as of late.

I saw a flat low center high wide load truck moving two substation looking things (with 4 prong coils sticking out of the top of each) moving TOWARD the port two days ago.

So some transpo is moving around.

When I can find my $300 rubbermaid shed again at my big box store, I will update you.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  It’s the supply chain Out of stock 01-01-2022 - 14:26
  Standing in the bread line Welcome back,USSR! 01-01-2022 - 15:27
  It's Only Bad If You're Stranded on a Container Ship Lancelot Link 01-01-2022 - 18:05
  It's Only Bad If You're Stranded on a Container Ship - beware thebabylonbee links! Map not in safe 01-02-2022 - 03:19
  Not in stock Commenter 01-02-2022 - 13:43
  Re: Not in stock J B 01-02-2022 - 17:02
  Re: Not in stock Commenter 01-03-2022 - 14:30

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com