Submitted For Your Approval - Fortieth Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 04-22-2022 - 19:16

I figured I'd take a brief respite from my series of pictures of Mexico and return to the U.S. for a bit.

With U.P. announcing a postponement of their 2022 tour with the 4014, here's a picture of the 3985 on a Cheyenne-Laramie excursion on July 12, 2003. The trip was originally supposed to go to Yoder, WY but a last minute change was made because the Yoder line was plugged with empty coal trains being staged for loading in the Powder River Basin. Or at least that was the explanation we were given. This well-lit run-by on the east slope of Sherman Hill on Track 1 near Buford helped make up for the changed itinerary.

There was a large group of fans forming the photo-line and I was standing near my friend Joe McMillan, who has a photo almost identical to this one posted on his Flickr page.

I finally "got the mileage" to Yoder and beyond to South Morrill when the UP Historical Society ran an excursion there with the E units on July 10, 2009.

Let's hope that the 3985 will run again. A double-header with the Big Boy would be nice and diesel "back up" units wouldn't be necessary! Make it a triple-header with the 844!

https://i.ibb.co/fXWhtFV/20030712-025.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - Fortieth Installment D. B. Arthur 04-22-2022 - 19:16
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Fortieth Installment GRD 04-22-2022 - 19:58
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Fortieth Installment Peter D. 04-22-2022 - 20:58

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com