Submitted For Your Approval - Forty-ninth Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 05-06-2022 - 21:45

Here's a photograph taken June 08, 1982, FORTY YEARS AGO, of that SD&AE train a friend of mine and I rode from Campo to Plaster City. This was taken near Hipass on the eastbound trip and I seem to remember we stopped so a maintenance gang could get in the clear. Unit # 102, a GP-7u, was later destroyed in a collision on August 25, 1986 near Stratton, CO when Kyle was, and still is, operating a segment of the Rock Island line that linked Omaha with Denver and Colorado Springs--the route of the Rocky Mountain Rocket passenger train.

https://i.ibb.co/wLQKHmt/19820608-014.jpg

Here's a hoaky episode of The Greatest American Hero TV show that was filmed on the SD&AE when Kyle was runing it and the Ventura County Railway.

It's kind of sad watching talented actors like the late Robert Culp having to accept scripts like this. I will prefer to remember him from I SPY. I guess he had bills to pay.

[youtu.be]

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - Forty-ninth Installment D. B. Arthur 05-06-2022 - 21:45
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Forty-ninth Installment Peter D. 05-06-2022 - 23:13
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Forty-ninth Installment bad tv 05-07-2022 - 08:18

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com