Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Fifty-first Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 05-11-2022 - 20:58

SDP45 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DB, what a dramatic shot! I admire all the rare miles you experienced on the NdeM, especially now that lines like these are just a memory. Thank you for sharing these great stories :)

I'm glad you're appreciating them. These 35mm slides were just sitting around in storage boxes and they don't do any good under those conditions.

It's sad that so many of those lines are now gone. I'm glad I covered as much as I did and frustrated that I didn't cover more!

I'd like to track down a fan who rode and photographed the line that ran from Cuernavaca to Apipilulco. It was trimmed back to there when the original destination of Balsas was flooded by a new reservoir. Near Iguala, there's a place called "Hand Canyon" where the canyon walls are almost vertical and the rail line had to be built on one long bridge pretty much through the entire canyon. There is talk of trying to preserve that stretch as a tourist line, but we know that many times it never progresses beyond talk.

https://i.ibb.co/mywkN8h/Hand-Canyon.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - Fifty-first Installment D. B. Arthur 05-10-2022 - 11:12
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Fifty-first Installment SDP45 05-10-2022 - 23:05
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Fifty-first Installment D. B. Arthur 05-11-2022 - 20:58

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com