Re: One if by land, two if by sea...... Wake Island... LMAO Doctor.... Does Nancy know where that is?
Author: BOB2
Date: 06-19-2022 - 20:31

Dr Zarkoff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Better still read about the Japanese occupation of
> Wake Island during WWII and what the US did about
> it.

Used it occasionally for target practice and gunnery training, while passing it by....

Wake was never really defensible by either side. And except for "political" reasons, due to the China Clippers, in a brief period of intersecting geopolitics and technology, it probably never would have been fortified at all. And many US Navy folks thought Wake should have been evactuated as it had no real military value. They were probably right, as the US unfortunate defeat at Wake and the subsequent Japanese occupation poved. And ultimately Wake was of no real military or economic value to anyone... Still isn't...

Maybe, if Nancy the troll had more education? She'd probably know more about history or maybe even about trains?

I was only a substitute teacher, just standing in for someone, for those transportation planning classes that I taught as USC, so I am not a real professor. But thanks for the nice compliment from Nancy.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Ukraine Grain By Standard Gauge Rail? John Bruce 06-17-2022 - 07:12
  Re: Ukraine Grain By Standard Gauge Rail?- I suspect that availability of cars and locos would be a bigger problem. BOB2 06-17-2022 - 09:12
  Re: Ukraine Grain By Standard Gauge Rail?- I suspect that availability of cars and locos would be a bigger problem. Ernest H. Robl 06-17-2022 - 09:58
  Re: Ukraine Grain By Standard Gauge Rail?- I suspect that availability of cars and locos would be a bigger problem. A.T. Mahan 06-17-2022 - 11:10
  Re: Ukraine Grain By Standard Gauge Rail?- One if by land, two if by sea...... BOB2 06-17-2022 - 11:47
  Re: Ukraine Grain By Standard Gauge Rail?- One if by land, two if by sea...... FUD 06-17-2022 - 13:31
  Re: Ukraine Grain By Standard Gauge Rail?- One if by land, two if by sea...... John Bruce 06-18-2022 - 08:45
  Re: Ukraine Grain By Standard Gauge Rail?- One if by land, two if by sea...... A.T. Mahan 06-19-2022 - 08:11
  Re: Ukraine Grain By Standard Gauge Rail?- One if by land, two if by sea...... Dr Zarkoff 06-19-2022 - 12:23
  Re: One if by land, two if by sea...... Wake Island... LMAO Doctor.... Does Nancy know where that is? BOB2 06-19-2022 - 20:31
  Broad gauge already reaches into neighbor countries, how about building unit train unloading loops? Captain Shuttle 06-17-2022 - 16:01

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com