Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Tenth Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 08-04-2022 - 17:17

ke6qr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fantastic pictures and look back to another time! What is the current situation of the Colorado segment between NA junction and Towner?

Service appears to be very infrequent and this newspaper article leaves the impression that there are some plans for it:

[kiowacountyindependent.com]

That's the segment that a father-and-son farmer team tried to resurrect along with Tennessee Pass, but they didn't get very far. Any shipments from Towner east seem to flow toward eastern connections, thanks to a mixing of ex-MP and ex-ATSF lines. Here's a map of the WATCO K&O RR:

[www.watco.com]

They've yanked out about a sixty-mile section between Healy and McCracken and everything is gone east of Geneseo.

> Does the state own it?

I'm not sure. I think so.

> Are there any movements on it?

Freight car storage maybe.

> Is the ABS system still active on any of the MP Pueblo line?

I highly doubt it. No need since you can count all of K&O's trains at any give time on one hand.

> Did your train switch over to the former Rock Island/SP at Herrington or were they still using the MP through Ossawatomie into KC?

We switched to the ex-Rock Island at Herrington. The line through Ossawatomie was already abandoned by then. I was really amazed at those sharp curves between Topeka and North Topeka.

> Thank-you for your wonderful essays, keep them coming!

You're welcome.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Tenth Installment D. B. Arthur 08-03-2022 - 19:05
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Tenth Installment GRD 08-03-2022 - 20:12
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Tenth Installment reader 08-03-2022 - 20:33
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Tenth Installment D. B. Arthur 08-03-2022 - 23:11
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Tenth Installment D. B. Arthur 08-03-2022 - 23:03
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Tenth Installment ke6qr 08-04-2022 - 09:07
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Tenth Installment D. B. Arthur 08-04-2022 - 17:17
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Tenth Installment Modoc Kid 08-04-2022 - 16:19
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Tenth Installment Peter D. 08-06-2022 - 14:53

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com