Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Twelfth Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 08-06-2022 - 16:41

Here's a photo I took on August 23, 1996, TWENTY-SIX YEARS AGO, while making my way across the UP Hoisington Subdivision, a former Missouri Pacific property that has either been downgraded to branchline status, is dormant, or is abandoned.

This photo was taken from the train I rode from Horace to Kansas City, comprised solely of auto-racks. On the east side of Scott City, we're crossing the former ATSF Great Bend Subdivision that by this date had already been spun off to a regional railroad, now operated by WATCO. In the years since I took this photo, the regional railroad built some connection tracks at this intersection and the ex-Missouri Pacific line has been truncated into a 17.5 mile branch between Scott City and Healy.

[www.watco.com]

https://i.ibb.co/KKPpYd2/19960823-003-028.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Twelfth Installment D. B. Arthur 08-06-2022 - 16:41
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Twelfth Installment GRD 08-06-2022 - 22:06
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Twelfth Installment Peter D. 08-07-2022 - 15:34
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Twelfth Installment Anthony G. 08-07-2022 - 20:47
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Twelfth Installment D. B. Arthur 08-07-2022 - 21:58

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com