Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Twelfth Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 08-07-2022 - 21:58

Peter D. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what kind of camera did you have?

A Nikon 8008s

> Lense?

A Nikkor 35-70mm zoom 1:2.8 D, all of which is sitting on a shelf in my closet since everything is digital now.

> Look'n at the map(printed it, Thank you) I do not see a cross at Scott City on this map. Did the north south AT&SF sub come from that current BNSF trackage on the map to the south and continue north to Healy? Nearest cross I see is down at Hutchinson on the current map.

Check out the topo maps on Historic Aerials.com and all of your questions should be answered. Healy is on the MOP line that I rode. K&O (or UP) has removed about 60 miles of the MOP line from Healy to McCracken and everything east of Geneseo.

Here's an aerial shot of where I took the photo. The Santa Fe ran east-west and the MoPac was on the south side of the Santa Fe, crossed it, and took off for Healy to the north-east. You can see the interchange tracks built by WATCO.

[goo.gl]

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Twelfth Installment D. B. Arthur 08-06-2022 - 16:41
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Twelfth Installment GRD 08-06-2022 - 22:06
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Twelfth Installment Peter D. 08-07-2022 - 15:34
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Twelfth Installment Anthony G. 08-07-2022 - 20:47
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Twelfth Installment D. B. Arthur 08-07-2022 - 21:58

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com