Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Nineteenth Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 08-13-2022 - 20:59

Here's a photo I took on August 23, 1996, TWENTY-SIX YEARS AGO, while making my way across the UP Hoisington and Council Grove Subdivisions, former Missouri Pacific properties that have either been downgraded to branchline status, are dormant, or are abandoned.

As we see here, the train is making a brief stop at Hoisington for a crew change.

The sun was getting low in the sky and I don't have very many photos of the trip beyond here until when we reached the outskirts of Kansas City and I bailed off the train at Control Point Z010.

Also, here's a GOOGLE streetview pic of what the area looked like around the Hoisington train station in May of 2022. It looks like WATCO is still using the building in some capacity.

[goo.gl]

https://i.ibb.co/bbMVsK2/19960823-004-020.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Nineteenth Installment D. B. Arthur 08-13-2022 - 20:59
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Nineteenth Installment Tom H 08-14-2022 - 06:07
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Nineteenth Installment Uncle Dave 08-14-2022 - 07:03
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred Nineteenth Installment D. B. Arthur 08-14-2022 - 23:43

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com