Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-fifty-third Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 09-25-2022 - 22:45

Here's a photo I took on August 24, 1976, FORTY-SIX YEARS AGO, when I made a one-week trip to British Columbia and Alberta. Here's a Canadian National business car in Edmonton. It's located at the downtown station that has since been abandoned and VIA RAIL is now at a different location on the northwest side of the city. CN had several of these business cars built in 1959 and I believe this is # 89, judging from what can barely be seen on the side of the car. Note the stock car on the adjacent track. This was probably about the time CN was getting out of the livestock-hauling business and they were searching around for various places to store the cars.

There are at least two privately-owned cars that are from this same series of CN business cars. One of them is the Scottish Thistle that was owned by the late Dean McCormack, and the other is the Tioga Pass, owned by retired Santa Fe official Norm Orfall.

Here's an episode from 2006 of "The Girls Next Door" where the late Hugh Hefner meets the late Dean McCormack on the platform at LAUPT when Hefner and his entourage chartered the ex-Canadian National business car for a round trip from L.A. to San Diego.

[youtu.be]

In 1965 Buster Keaton made extensive use of one of these business cars when he filmed "The Rail Rodder" in Canada.

[www.nfb.ca]

https://i.ibb.co/SRX5qYK/19760824-007-006.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-fifty-third Installment D. B. Arthur 09-25-2022 - 22:45
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-fifty-third Installment RW 09-26-2022 - 09:50
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-fifty-third Installment D. B. Arthur 09-26-2022 - 09:55
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-fifty-third Installment John Monhoff 09-26-2022 - 15:22
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-fifty-third Installment D. B. Arthur 09-26-2022 - 16:07

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com