Re: Bypass would take away one of the most scenic rides in the US, I love RR nostalgia, and love this segment, but back on the gridlocked I-5, people need first world rail services.
Author: BOB2
Date: 09-27-2022 - 19:48

That's the difference between real life and nostalgia. Do I spendanother twelve or fourteem billion dollars to widen the i-5, or do I build a first world intercity passenger service for half that much for the equivailent travel mileswe expect to generate in a corridor lieddke LOSSAN?

Don't get me wrong,I continue to keep the current San Clemente service on the coastal line for as long as one meter of sea level rise permits. Intermediate improvements and the siding extension are good short term investments. And local "flipper" OCTA intra county services to San Clemement couls actually increase.

But the construction of the San Clemente bypasss pencils out for the same reasons the the Del Mar bypass and the San Clemente bypasss penciled out ot the American High Speed Rail proposal back in 1980. The ability to provide a 110-140 capable double tracked main line saving over 2o minties of runnning time between LA and San Diego on the secone busisiest rail corridorm abd most congested intercity interstate highway corridor in the Unnited States of Anerica.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  San Clemente railroad ROW beach comber 09-27-2022 - 09:12
  Re: San Clemente railroad LOSSAN high speed bypass project? BOB2 09-27-2022 - 11:39
  Bypass would take away one of the most scenic rides in the US Trade offs 09-27-2022 - 16:53
  Re: Bypass would take away one of the most scenic rides in the US, I love RR nostalgia, and love this segment, but back on the gridlocked I-5, people need first world rail services. BOB2 09-27-2022 - 19:48

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com