Re: "The Shops" -? GVD kept LA open a lot longer, and a hell of a lot folk working by moving more cars
Author: BOB2
Date: 10-21-2022 - 15:09

George Delellis, GVD on all of his special notices or contributions to you brownie points file,is one of the finest railroaders I ever had the pleasure and pain of working for.

George was simply a great railroader who understood how LA operated,and unquestionably kept LA running well beyond it's lifespan by simply moving more cars in less time.

Half of the people George kept working, were also scared he was half mad, if anything went wrong. And it was even worse if you actually were responsible... And weren't getting your share for being on-duty and not somehow stopping whatever stupidity had taken place. But, George kept customers happy while SP still had them, and got all trains but especially pig trains, trains set (except the LAHOT out of the Shops in the morning, until after the 1984 Olympics...) and on the road on time. Some folks like George practiced so-called "precision scheduled RRing that worked, before this current bastardized version.

Which probably is why the LA Terminal was more on it's toes and even seemed a bit safer, and a hell of a lot more fun to work in, than a mind numbing hell whole West Colton "android zombie" operations environment was to work in.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Here's A Good Aerial Photo of UP's L.A. Transportation Center (a.k.a. "The Shops") Chuck Martin & P.T. Moore 10-20-2022 - 08:57
  Re: Here's A Good Aerial Photo of UP's L.A. Transportation Center (a.k.a. "The Shops") BOB2 10-20-2022 - 11:12
  Re: Here's A Good Aerial Photo of UP's L.A. Transportation Center (a.k.a. "The Shops") D. B. Arthur 10-20-2022 - 22:34
  Re: "The Shops" -? I worked for Stormin Norman, Ralph, the Rug Peddler, and even the "evil twin".... BOB2 10-21-2022 - 04:01
  Re: "The Shops" -? I worked for Stormin Norman, Ralph, the Rug Peddler, and even the "evil twin".... D. B. Arthur 10-21-2022 - 10:03
  Re: "The Shops" -? I worked for Stormin Norman, Ralph, the Rug Peddler, and even the "evil twin".... Tom H 10-21-2022 - 13:29
  Re: "The Shops" -? GVD kept LA open a lot longer, and a hell of a lot folk working by moving more cars BOB2 10-21-2022 - 15:09
  Where You Working At West Colton When This Happened? SP LA 17 and a half 10-22-2022 - 06:19
  Re: Where You Working At West Colton When This Happened? Nope, but I had worked for Pinky and his dad.... BOB2 10-22-2022 - 09:59
  Re: Back to The Photo... Just Sayin'... 10-24-2022 - 19:12

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com