Re: Sites Reservoir
Author: relentlesscactus
Date: 10-21-2022 - 14:02

There is surprisingly limited opposition to sites reservoir. It will be a horror, destroying a beautiful valley. Also, all electricity generation will be a fraction of the amount of electricity that takes to pump the water out of the Sacramento river system up into the reservoir, which itself has Extremely limited recharge capacity. The project is basically a boon for concrete pouring corporations, construction unions, consultants, and politicians.

On a real related note sites itself, the western end of the Colusa and Lake Railway, or something close to that, will be inundated. The dam will be built near where they used to Mein the marble that was carried on the railway down to the Colusa dock. A fascinating note for me, is that I visited sites in about 1987, and found that the end of the line Y remained intact and embedded in the street in the T intersection in sites. There was also a small store on the corner manned by an old man that was called the Sites Store. It had been over half a century since the railroad had run, and I was quite shocked to see the rail still there. I went back decades later and both the rails and the store were gone. The end of the line Yard remains has an empty lot north of the road and the right of way can be seen going through the canyon to the east. The old store remains as a house on the south east corner of the T intersection that has kind of a weird interface on the north side where the storefront used to be. I’m sure the old man is long gone.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Sites Reservoir rail fan 10-21-2022 - 09:00
  Re: Sites Reservoir relentlesscactus 10-21-2022 - 14:02

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com