Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-sixty-fourth Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 10-21-2022 - 23:49

Here's a photo I took on August 24, 1976, FORTY-SIX YEARS AGO, when I made a one-week trip to British Columbia and Alberta. As seen from CN Train 1, the westbound Super Continental, this is an interior shot of the full-length ex-Milwaukee Road, Pullman-Standard built dome car Fraser.

One of the complaints about these cars was that the seats were sunken a little too far down into the car structure and if you were to turn your head 90 degrees for a side-view, you were basically looking at a window sill.

Note the elderly gentleman on the left wearing a jacket and tie. You don't see that much anymore these days. Also note the attendant staffing the upper level bar. Amtrak's Superliner lounges were similarly equipped, but I don't believe they were ever staffed.

https://i.ibb.co/ZMqP5tG/19760824-009-019.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-sixty-fourth Installment D. B. Arthur 10-21-2022 - 23:49
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-sixty-fourth Installment wharfrat 10-22-2022 - 07:14
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-sixty-fourth Installment :0 10-22-2022 - 07:42
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-sixty-fourth Installment Ray Hutchinson 10-22-2022 - 08:11
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-sixty-fourth Installment RA Phillips 10-22-2022 - 08:43
  Mr :0 what church did you go to? E 10-24-2022 - 08:44
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-sixty-fourth Installment D. B. Arthur 11-03-2022 - 08:48

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com