Re: That Brings Back Some Memories
Author: RA Phillips
Date: 11-15-2022 - 19:55

DBA,
I remember Jeff Queen. Never knew he lived upstairs in that Depot. I hadn't thought about Jeff in years.
Jim Hicks worked for Santa Fe at San Diego Telegraph until the Train Orders were done away with and the Telegraph Office was closed at 1 minute after Midnight on the last Sunday of October, 1985, when he bumped 3rd Trick at Mission Tower. Right after that he qualified as a fill-in Train Dispatcher at San Bernardino. When he wasn't needed in the Dispatcher's Office, he rode Amtrak #85 from San Diego to LA, walked to Mission Tower, worked and if the timing was right, he would ride #72's deadhead equipment from there to the Depot, then 72 back to San Diego. A few years later he took a permanent job in the Dispatcher's Office until something bad happened that he wouldn't talk about, then he bumped 2nd Trick at Terminal Tower. When Amtrak took over Terminal Tower on April 1, 1990, he went with the Tower, but quickly trained on his own to become a Ticket Agent and he bumped in May of that year as Day Agent at San Diego Station. I lost track of him a few years after that. I don't remember him in Engine Service, but now you have me wondering.
Control Operator RAP, copied by Machine.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  PA, fast track, unknown station photo post 11-15-2022 - 15:21
  That Brings Back Some Memories D. B. Arthur 11-15-2022 - 16:12
  Re: That Brings Back Some Memories RA Phillips 11-15-2022 - 18:21
  Re: That Brings Back Some Memories D. B. Arthur 11-15-2022 - 19:09
  Re: That Brings Back Some Memories RA Phillips 11-15-2022 - 19:55
  Re: PA, fast track, unknown station Mistertower 11-15-2022 - 18:09
  Old code line looks impressive T 11-16-2022 - 15:54

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com