Bernie means well (I think) but 7 paid sick days doesn't address much of the major problems
Author: Fed UP
Date: 11-30-2022 - 10:23

And now the rest of the draconian workplace issues will be ignored and buried once this passes. "We gave you 7 paid sick days, we can't micromanage everything. Most people don't get paid to sit at home."

Don't get me wrong. 8 paid sick and off days is an improvement, but not near enough time off. Doesn't address schedule unpredictability. Doesn't help with kid issues or sick family or relatives' funeral or dealing with all the crap that life throws at us. And that single paid day off will just turn into a paid day but the time off denied. Unavailable due to insufficient manpower. Does the bill outlaw counting those paid sick days in attendance policy calculations? Etc.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  'Put Up or Shut Up,' Says Sanders as Progressives Move to Add 7 Sick Days to Railway Deal. Pelosi adds separate vote on 7 paid sick days Fed UP 11-30-2022 - 10:15
  Bernie means well (I think) but 7 paid sick days doesn't address much of the major problems Fed UP 11-30-2022 - 10:23
  Old Bernie Hi 11-30-2022 - 11:09

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com