Re: If I could go back to 1985? I would buy Home Depot, Apple, and Microsoft, but I know how to calculate my returns after inflation.
Author: BOB2
Date: 12-06-2022 - 00:28

$$$$ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would buy 1000 ounces of gold and bring it back
> today and retire

I would buy Home Depot, Apple, and Microsoft stocks, of even just a Nasdeq or Dow index fund. And, then I'd watch you lose half of the value of your investment due to inflation, by 2008, and another half of the inflation adjusted value of your gold investment from 2008 until now.

I used to own stock in a gold mine that the Southern Pacific once gave me, in a gold mine they once owned in New Guinea. where the dig this metal out of the ground.

So, adjusted for inflation, I made a hell of a lot more money on that gold stock, which multiplied my profits by the profits they made selling that gold they dug up to people like you, when I sold it at the last "gold high" in the mid 2010's, than you will have made with this proposed investment.

What would you buy today, with that kind of perfect hindsigt?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Jetsons fantasyland 9 12-03-2022 - 16:13
  A Royal Nightmare for Air Traffic Controllers ATC Dude 12-03-2022 - 20:45
  Re: A Royal Nightmare for Air Traffic Controllers Take me back to 1985 pls 12-03-2022 - 20:55
  If I could go back to 1985 $$$$ 12-05-2022 - 15:36
  Re: If I could go back to 1985? I would buy Home Depot, Apple, and Microsoft, but I know how to calculate my returns after inflation. BOB2 12-06-2022 - 00:28

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com