How does one explain the poster named "LOL?"
Author: The Adjustment Bureau
Date: 02-11-2023 - 09:07

"You’re still wrong, states like Georgia and Texas have lower case rates than California and New York. "

I was not comparing states. I was comparing urban vs. rural areas. According to this article, as of 2021, COVID death rates were higher in rural areas than they were in urban areas.

Covid is Killing Rural Americans at Twice the Rate of Urban Americans

Last year, I came down with COVID, but have no idea how I got it. I was off work for just a week, had only 2 or 3 days when I felt badly and had no lasting impacts. I am convinced that taking vaccines ensured that I survived the infection with minimal effects on my health and I believe that wearing a mask has lowered my risk of being reinfected.

"Enjoy triple masking while getting carjacked by a career criminal."

If carjacking and other crimes are such a prominent feature of cities and cities are such "hellholes" then why,

1) Are so many people traveling to Phoenix, AZ to attend a football game? Surely, going to a football game is not worth the risk to one's car, body and/or life?

2) Why will the Republicans convening the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee next year? If cities are so dangerous as you and so many in the GOP claim, the GOP should convene in Arlington, TX, which is basically a big suburb, not an older legacy city.

3) Why does it cost so much more to buy a house or rent an appartment in an urban core area than in distant suburbs or rural places? If cities are such "hellholes" then there would certainly be such an excodus of their residents, that real estate prices and apparaisals would plummet, especially with the rise of remote working. We purchased a house in 2016. Zillows estimate of our house's worth shows a 50% appreciation in value.

4) Why didn't the Republicans score a "Red Wave" on the crime issue. Republicans made crime a huge issue, including in the campaigns in the Congressional district in which I live and my state's races for Governor and US Senate. Yet, the urban areas in my state and other states continued vote for the Democrats. Surely, if cities are such "hellholes" as you claim that they are, the GOP would have a large margin in the US House of Representatives and would have prevailed in more Senate and Governors races.

Lastly, most of my trips are by public transportation or walking. Kind of difficult to get carjacked. It's bizarre that you are on an internet discussion forum devoted to a non-automotive mode of transportation, yet you ignorantly assume that I rely on my car for most/all of my trips.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  CLEVELAND METRO JOHN 02-08-2023 - 18:07
  Re: CLEVELAND METRO Fresh Air 02-08-2023 - 20:54
  Re: CLEVELAND METRO-That could explain it? BOB2 02-09-2023 - 08:55
  Re: CLEVELAND METRO-That could explain it? LOL 02-09-2023 - 11:02
  Re: CLEVELAND METRO-That could explain it? The Adjustment Bureau 02-09-2023 - 20:03
  Re: CLEVELAND METRO-That could explain it? LOL 02-09-2023 - 20:16
  Re: CLEVELAND METRO-That could explain it? BOB2 02-09-2023 - 23:35
  Re: CLEVELAND METRO-That could explain it? Good God 02-10-2023 - 01:36
  Re: CLEVELAND METRO-That could explain it? BOB2 02-10-2023 - 07:45
  How does one explain the poster named "LOL?" The Adjustment Bureau 02-11-2023 - 09:07
  Re: How does one explain the poster named "LOL?" LOL 02-11-2023 - 14:31
  Re: How does one explain the poster named "LOL?" The Adjustment Bureau 02-11-2023 - 20:25
  Re: CLEVELAND METRO Virus of unknown origins 02-09-2023 - 09:06
  Re: CLEVELAND METRO b 02-09-2023 - 12:25

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com