I sent my comment in.
Author: David Dewey
Date: 02-11-2023 - 19:59

Here's what I sent:
Subject: United States v. Genesee & Wyoming Railroad Services, Inc; Civil Action No. 1:23– cv-00084–UNA

To: pubcomment-ees.enrd@usdoj.gov

Gentlemen;

This lawsuit is requiring the G&WRR to destroy some 88 non-compliant diesel railroad locomotives. A few of the locomotives are old enough that they are historical artifacts. The destruction of them will have little to no effect on the environment and destroy parts of hour heritage. It has been pointed out that is may be an illegal descent decree because it is not in compliance with Section 106 review. Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966 (NHPA) requires Federal agencies to take into account the effects of their undertakings on historic properties, and give the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (ACHP) a reasonable opportunity to comment. Section 106 review includes objects, not just buildings.

I would hope some other solution for these historic locomotives can be found so they may be preserved for our future generations. Perhaps donation to a historical society or museum would take them out of their non-compliance issues; even if operated by a museum they would not be in everyday use, limiting their effects on air quality.

Thank you,

David Dewey

Oroville, CA

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Public Comment for G&W 88 Locomotives to be Scrapped Dave T. 02-09-2023 - 15:02
  Re: Public Comment for G&W 88 Locomotives to be Scrapped BOB2 02-10-2023 - 01:43
  Re: Public Comment from Nancy the Repressed Pervert Troll Again As BOB2? BOB2 02-10-2023 - 07:40
  Re: Public Comment for G&W 88 Locomotives to be Scrapped John 02-10-2023 - 09:48
  Re: Public Comment for G&W 88 Locomotives to be Scrapped Gothic Albany 02-10-2023 - 14:35
  Re: Public Comment for G&W 88 Locomotives to be Scrapped Theyll be scrapped. 02-11-2023 - 22:52
  I sent my comment in. David Dewey 02-11-2023 - 19:59

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com