He's a pretty good critic of the 'news' media's terrible partisanship, but he's way over his skis on this story
Author: Nobody's perfect
Date: 02-14-2023 - 11:19

I suspect Matt Walsh will eventually back off this story, either soon ignoring it or maybe even issuing a correction in the next few days.

Using the phrase 'American Chernobyl' is ridiculous, even though he modified it with 'possibly.'

There is much blowing out of proportion on social media about E.Palestine. Because sm gives every fraidycat moron a bullhorn. Wikipedia Cliff Notes chemist Frank Dufus spending all week telling residents within a 100 miles to run away because they will be poisoned by WW I gases. All bunk. Doesn't bother to learn what ppm means and why it matters.

Another yoyo posts a map of the entire Ohio River basin and declares a national water poisoning disaster is upon us. I'm curious how he explains it will move upstream. Does he not know the purpose of containment booms? 20 miles of creek run before any runoff reaches the Ohio River. The EPA makes mistakes, but this is not their first rodeo. Nor first, and second and third and...responders. Nor NS, though I wouldn't trust them as far as I could through them. Well water a real concern. Animals a real concern, though some can move over many miles and may have been very close to the derailment site at some point. So a fox isn't proof that high concentration toxins were spread by smoke for many miles. The chicken story is worth following, but they are 10 miles northwest, how long, if at all, did the wind blow that direction, against the prevailing pattern? Or spread instead by toxic droppings from birds that had been in the actual disaster zone? I'll let the state and national EPAs figure it out. While of course being mindful that they, too, have potential to spin, but let's see what they determine first.

But these conspiracy theories more easily bloom and flourish when a dishonest propag. media continuously spins or ignores or even cover up stories based on how it could affect their poli. team. When the smart first response is now "What's the real story? What are they hiding? What's the poli.angle" then people become overly cynical. After awhile sometimes even those who should know better can, at least initially, get tricked by something they shouldn't have fallen for.

What he's doing here is using the story as another of the many examples of the Transp. Sec. ignoring or mishandling a major problem. Which is a fair point, when like so many others, he was appointed because he checked off a demographic box, not because of any major experience or core competencies related to the office.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Matt Walsh Discusses the NS Freight Train Wreck In Ohio Chessie 02-14-2023 - 00:51
  Re: Matt Walsh Discusses the NS Freight Train Wreck In Ohio Derp 02-14-2023 - 08:19
  He's a pretty good critic of the 'news' media's terrible partisanship, but he's way over his skis on this story Nobody's perfect 02-14-2023 - 11:19
  Re: He's a pretty good critic of the 'news' media's terrible partisanship, but he's way over his skis on this story 02-14-2023 - 18:08
  Matt Walsh and Michael Knowles Are People Who Have Credibility 02-14-2023 - 13:03
  Quotahire Pete today blamed E. Palestine wreck on Trump not requiring electronic brakes. Which doesn't prevent the wheels from falling off Mayor Airhead 02-15-2023 - 14:36
  Re: Quotahire Pete's unrequited troll releases latest NTSB report on E. Palestine wreck? BOB2 02-15-2023 - 15:53
  Re: Oh Nancy, bragging about how your interesting experiences while posting as BOB2 again? BOB2 02-15-2023 - 20:07

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com