Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-fourth Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 03-14-2023 - 23:06

An obscure railroad photographed at an obscure location. Here's a photo I took on August 31, 2000, TWENTY-THREE YEARS AGO, of an excursion on the Greater Winnipeg Water District Railway, that was tied in with a convention in Winnipeg of the American Association of Private Railroad Car Owners (AAPRCO). Due to a large number of riders, we had to use a conventional train, shown here, plus a "doodlebug". This photo was taken at the end of the line east of Winnipeg, out in the middle of nowhere, where there is what looks like a municipally-owned recreation area next to where an aqueduct and pipeline system for the city taps into Shoal Lake, not far from the border with Ontario. Here it is on a GOOGLE aerial photo and you can "zoom back" to see where it is in relation to everything else.

I don't believe the GWWD offers passenger service any longer.

[goo.gl]

https://i.ibb.co/PMK0QBs/20000831-004-033-Photo-by-D-B-Arthur.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-fourth Installment D. B. Arthur 03-14-2023 - 23:06
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-fourth Installment Negin 03-14-2023 - 23:19
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-fourth Installment GRD 03-15-2023 - 10:35

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com