Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-fifth Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 03-16-2023 - 23:38

On the same trip where I rode an AAPRCO special from Chicago to Winnipeg, rather than attend a lot of the convention, some other associate members and I rented a car and made our way to Duluth, where an excursion was operating on the Duluth Missabe & Iron Range Railroad with the Milwaukee 261 steam engine. It was a circle routing that operated via Two Harbors, Allen Jct., Iron Jct. and Coleraine Jct. The trip ran on September 02, 2000, TWENTY-THREE YEARS AGO, and this turned out to be one of the better shots made possible by several photo run-bys. I would have to check my other slides and notes to figure out the exact location. A lot of the landscape in this region looks similar to other areas and, as you can see, the weather wasn't quite cooperating. I'm not sure if we ever saw the sun that day, but it was still a great trip, taking into consideration that trips like this don't happen very often today.

Here's a descriptive write-up of this adventure that was written by one of my friends and travel companions, Chuck Weinstock:

[ramblings.weinstock.us]

https://i.ibb.co/48C4c42/20000902-006-016-Photo-by-D-B-Arthur.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-fifth Installment D. B. Arthur 03-16-2023 - 23:38
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-fifth Installment MILW 03-17-2023 - 10:27
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-fifth Installment photo bombed again 03-17-2023 - 11:24

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com