Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-sixth Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 03-21-2023 - 09:15

I didn't record the exact date, but here's a photo I took FORTY-FIVE YEARS AGO, in September of 1978, of a Chessie System - Baltimore & Ohio freight in a scene that's impossible to duplicate today. The very-last-delivered SSW SD45T-2 is leading a freight on the Kentucky & Indiana Terminal bridge spanning the Ohio River linking New Albany, IN with Louisville, KY. With the creation of CSX, the ex-B&O route between Cincinnati, OH and Louisville, KY has been abandoned and all traffic now uses the ex-L&N route between those cities. The K&IT railroad has been absorbed by Norfolk Southern.

This photo appears in black-and-white on page 127 of Joe Strapac's 1983-85 edition of his Southern Pacific Review.

https://i.ibb.co/JtLRYBn/19780932-036.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-sixth Installment D. B. Arthur 03-21-2023 - 09:15
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-sixth Installment Peter D. 03-21-2023 - 12:22
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-sixth Installment . 03-21-2023 - 14:50
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-sixth Installment D. B. Arthur 03-21-2023 - 15:12
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-sixth InstallmentgRD GRD 03-21-2023 - 15:15
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-sixth Installment AZebra 03-21-2023 - 21:45
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-sixth Installment Peter D. 03-22-2023 - 14:57

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com