Re: Winterail
Author: RA Phillips
Date: 03-23-2023 - 16:40

The last Winterail show I attended was in March 1998, as DB Arthur would say, 25 years ago (this month)! That was when it was still being held in Stockton California and it was before I moved to live and work in New Orleans. I miss those shows. I miss seeing all the great people like Ted Benson, Dave Stanley, Marti and Barry Draper, Vic Neves, just to name a few. I always told people that I was going to a Railfan Convention and it truly was! Enjoyed everything about it! The show, the swap meet, the picture contest, the big screens, the fellow railfans, etc. The timing has never been right for me to make a trip out to Oregon to attend another one, but I would like to and think about it every year. What makes it even more difficult, is my wife's Birthday is on March 18th and that day is specifically her day, and since she is not a railfan or train enthusiast, then the timing is poor for me to attend.
As railfan and music Artist Ray Tutaj Jr. sang in one of his songs, called "I want to see you again" a verse, that goes, "I'm hoping someday, I want to see you again, I need to see you again, my friend." Pull it up on Youtube, and listen to it, it's one of the better songs he has put together. You'll also have to check out some of his train videos that he has posted, along with his personal music that he has added to them. You will also like his Music Videos, the "Amtrak Song", called "Travel by Train" and his Operation Lifesaver song, called "Stop, Look and Listen".
To Vic Neves, thank you for keeping the Winterail Show alive and well and all your "Roadies" that help you with it.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Winterail Nanny Dew 03-22-2023 - 20:06
  Re: Winterail The Person You Don't Like 03-23-2023 - 00:26
  Re: Winterail Just Sayin'... 03-23-2023 - 06:08
  Re: Winterail SP 03-23-2023 - 07:20
  Re: Winterail Kodachrome idiot 03-23-2023 - 09:09
  Re: Winterail Gothic Albany 03-23-2023 - 11:53
  Re: Winterail Missed out 03-23-2023 - 12:18
  Re: Winterail Cold Water 03-23-2023 - 12:48
  Re: Winterail George Andrews 03-23-2023 - 21:13
  Re: Winterail Crazy Victor 03-23-2023 - 20:32
  Re: Winterail RA Phillips 03-23-2023 - 16:40

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com