Re: Current operations/status of St. Maries River RR
Author: hepkema
Date: 04-11-2009 - 12:29

Somebody closer to St. Maries proper will probably know a little more regarding that end of the line, but I can verify that they are running. I often see the connecting UP Plummer Local returning to Spokane on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays. Those trains are averaging about 20 cars per trip--often resembling unit trains with solid wrapped-lumber-on-centerbeam loads. I did hear that the STMA recently ran a plow train to open up the branch to Clarkia, but I don't know if or when they operate that line. The past 2 winters around here have been #1 and #3 heaviest snowfall totals since records started being kept. The STMA has had to run their plow 2 years in a row.

rh
SPO

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Current operations/status of St. Maries River RR Michael Derrick 04-11-2009 - 10:12
  Re: Current operations/status of St. Maries River RR hepkema 04-11-2009 - 12:29
  Re: Current operations/status of St. Maries River RR Justin Franz 04-11-2009 - 14:25
  Re: Current operations/status of St. Maries River RR Bruce Kelly 04-13-2009 - 07:52

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com