Model Trains
Author: George Andrews
Date: 05-21-2023 - 20:35

Quite a bit of the Model Railroading hobby has become Checkbook Modeling; however much of this is due to the higher quality of Ready to Run products. Paint & lettering are roadname specific, and sound has become standard as well. Unfortunately the prices have increased greatly. A friend who works at one of the model train manufacturers tells me that nowadays they will NOT quote a retail price until the models are actually received in the U.S. It seems the Koreans & Chinese quote one price in advance, then a new HIGHer price once the models are ready to ship. BTW, the days of Athearn Blue Box kits for 3.99 each that required simple assembly of trucks & couplers are gone. And due to the better quality models from overseas, as well as retirements & death, many U.S. Model Train Manufacturers have gone away as well. So there are fewer decals & detail parts available. Often times I find my bits & pieces at local RR swap meets.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Model RR’ing hobby (?) Atlas Walthers 05-21-2023 - 19:27
  Model Trains George Andrews 05-21-2023 - 20:35
  Re: Model Trains Peter D. 05-23-2023 - 06:23
  Re: Model Trains Atlantic Slow Mail 05-23-2023 - 06:33
  Re: Model Trains ? 05-23-2023 - 07:46

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com