How the Railroads Have Changed
Author: ex-ATSF & BNSF Bob
Date: 03-15-2007 - 20:19

I just finished reading a post in the BNSF Today site and I was saddened by what I read. The article I read was about the decline in injuries and fatalities on the railroads in 2006. That part was good to read, but there was something missing and has been missing for several years now. When I worked for the ATSF and then the BNSF, each year when the company would post their figures for the past year they would list who had died; it was a memorial. Today, the railroads treat their own employees like they were a liability to them if they lose their life on the job. There are no more memorials, just statistics. The management at BNSF and others has grown colder and colder each year. They have lost the concept of human life and what it means; the hard work that countless men and women have poured into their jobs.
And they wonder why so many employees hate them (management) today; why morale is non-existent. The worst part though is that it doesn't have to be that way.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  How the Railroads Have Changed ex-ATSF & BNSF Bob 03-15-2007 - 20:19
  Re: How the Railroads Have Changed Q 03-15-2007 - 22:57
  Re: How the Railroads Have Changed Mike Swanson 03-16-2007 - 08:03
  Re: How the Railroads Have Changed Tony Burzio 03-16-2007 - 08:30
  Re: How the Railroads Have Changed-too many lotto winners. Ross Hall 03-16-2007 - 17:31
  Re: How the Railroads Have Changed-too many lotto winners. J 03-22-2007 - 07:53

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com