Re: Watco/PCC new business prevention program in effect.
Author: Ross Hall
Date: 03-16-2007 - 17:12

Sounds just like the Pullman to Colfax branch a couple of years ago just before they proposed shutting it down due to lack of current or potential business on the line. You're right, it looks just like vandalism as I don't think many of the usable parts were picked up, just some heavy rail that appeared in Lewiston, most everything else just strewn about. I'd be curious as to who pays to fix things like the washouts and such, the operator or the state. Since this is now a rental property, it's kinda like renting a house with broken windows, isn't the landlord supposed to fix? Most of this type of vandalism was done on the former UP properties, just a couple of places on the P&L was treated that way. I haven't been out on the CW in over a year so I don't know how things are out there. If nothing else these sidings would have been good car storage areas, places like Albion had sidings that were in pretty good shape. Oh well, my employer won't be bidding anyway---thinks things too far gone and shipper too mad to win back many. The waters have been pretty well poisoned.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Watco/PCC new business prevention program in effect. Taco Time 03-16-2007 - 14:18
  Re: Watco/PCC new business prevention program in effect. Ross Hall 03-16-2007 - 17:12
  Re: Watco/PCC new business prevention program in effect. 8391 03-16-2007 - 18:01
  Re: Watco/PCC new business prevention program in effect. Q 03-17-2007 - 12:30
  Re: Watco/PCC new business prevention program in effect. Denny Madison 03-18-2007 - 18:29
  Re: Watco/PCC new business prevention program in effect. Marc 03-17-2007 - 08:17
  Re: Watco/PCC new business prevention program in effect. hepkema 03-17-2007 - 23:32
  Re: Watco/PCC new business prevention program in effect. 8391 03-18-2007 - 09:40
  Re: Watco/PCC new business prevention program in effect. Tabasco 03-18-2007 - 13:46
  Re: Watco/PCC new business prevention program in effect. G Jenista 03-20-2007 - 00:26
  Re: Watco/PCC new business prevention program in effect. slow learner 03-20-2007 - 18:26
  Re: Watco/PCC new business prevention program in effect. S. L. Murray 03-19-2007 - 11:31

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com