logging confrence and roundhouse work
Author: Lawrence LaBranche
Date: 03-17-2007 - 19:07

Hello,
Rather enjoyable day today, stopped by the logging conference at Redwood acres, Eureka, CA, saw the Falk running a bit, and even the inline diesel which I never saw before, by the Timber Heritage Association, and a steam donkey display put on by the Roots of Motive power group, based in Willits.
Then went over to the work party at the roundhouse in Samoa. The only rails I seen were in the center stall with the shallow inspection pit, and going in to the building behind the boiler shop. Today was mainly sweeping up the glass and other stuff on the floors of the two buildings. Plus tearing off the old roof off the roundhouse.
Then after that I visited an area of the NWP Samoa branch, that the Timber Heritage Association cleared, and dug some drainage channels across the ROW with the permission of the NWP last year. Still looks pretty good. The water is down quite a bit. I'm happy to see it is working quite well.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  logging confrence and roundhouse work Lawrence LaBranche 03-17-2007 - 19:07

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com