Re: LA Times interview with PHL's Andrew Fox [link]
Author: Steven D. Johnson
Date: 07-04-2009 - 17:03

Well, I figured that was about it. Obviously, the HBL didn't do nearly the work of the PHL...today's business wasn't there, the track was not like it is now and on and on. I hope they don't run on the corridor east, but I bet they eventually will. That will take work out our pockets. No, I don't pretend that the port will go back to its gritty, sleepy ways. It just would have been nice if the commission could have put some more effort into working out realistic, effective agreements with existing carriers. I have no idea if that was tried or not, but I do recall when the PHL entered Watson yard with their first tranfer move. That really raised a lot of ire among the train crews there. And since then over time, Watson lost virtually all its locals, all of its roadswitchers and is rife with RCO jobs. I know I'm crying in my beer, but it's a little annoying seeing good paying jobs given away. Aside from that, the PHL seems to be really viable, and has re-equipped their vintage fleet of power with 'green' power. They also seem to have a pretty well-run operation, as far as traffic handling goes.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  LA Times interview with PHL's Andrew Fox [link] OPRRMS 07-01-2009 - 06:38
  Re: LA Times interview with PHL's Andrew Fox [link] BOB2 07-01-2009 - 08:47
  Re: LA Times interview with PHL's Andrew Fox [link] Steven D. Johnson 07-02-2009 - 14:16
  Re: LA Times interview with PHL's Andrew Fox [link] choochoo 07-03-2009 - 06:47
  Re: LA Times interview with PHL's Andrew Fox [link] BOB2 07-03-2009 - 10:24
  Re: LA Times interview with PHL's Andrew Fox [link] OPRRMS 07-03-2009 - 19:02
  Re: LA Times interview with PHL's Andrew Fox [link] Steven D. Johnson 07-04-2009 - 17:03
  Re: LA Times interview with PHL's Andrew Fox [link] BOB2 07-05-2009 - 09:37
  Re: LA Times interview with PHL's Andrew Fox [link] In "Agreement" 07-05-2009 - 10:31

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com