Re: Muni Crash
Author: Q
Date: 07-21-2009 - 00:34

> On the other hand, were it not for the media, most people would've never heard about this
> incident, right?
> OK, your move . . .

And just how much of this incident did you really hear. And how much of what we heard is complete speculative fantasy, not worth the time or effort to hear it. I just hope we can keep the mindless speculation down to a dull roar, at least here - that's all.

You must think I'm anti-media!

But I am not! - not at all. Isn't Thomas Jefferson quoted to the effect that "A free press is essential to the maintenance of a free society". I probably fractured that quote, but when I went to look it up in my newspaper, which once carried it as a daily banner on their letterhead; behold, it was no longer there! Well, I believed it then - still do.

But do we really have a free press with only one yellow rag in town, pall-parotted word for word by every TV news outlet within range; rather than large numbers of independent sources? NO!

What many people are put off by, is half-assed media. And that includes Dan Blathering unsubstantiated nonsense before the facts are in.

And why? Because incomplete data and half truths can lead only to prejudicial conclusions, poor public policy decisions, poor personal choices, and half-baked poorly vetted ideas being imposed on us all, only to then fail miserably, sometimes at great human toll.

And then later, when these policy failures turn out to be the half of the truth that is almost always left out, the misery is perpetuated.

Need I say more?

Sheeeesh! -- Why did I even need to say that much ---- DUH!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Collision at West portal station this afternoon P.Kepler 07-18-2009 - 17:16
  SF Gate.com link OPRRMS 07-18-2009 - 19:06
  Re: Muni Crash mook 07-18-2009 - 21:18
  Re: Muni Crash P Kepler 07-19-2009 - 00:54
  Re: Muni Crash Q 07-19-2009 - 19:05
  Re: Muni Crash OPRRMS 07-19-2009 - 20:59
  Re: Muni Crash Q 07-19-2009 - 22:39
  Re: Muni Crash OPRRMS 07-20-2009 - 08:07
  Re: Muni Crash Q 07-21-2009 - 00:34
  Re: Muni Crash OPRRMS 07-21-2009 - 04:59
  Re: Muni Crash espeefoamer 07-20-2009 - 00:36
  Re: Muni Crash, operator says he blacked out Cal-P 07-20-2009 - 01:12
  Re: Muni Crash, operator says he blacked out OPRRMS 07-20-2009 - 08:15
  Re: Muni Crash, operator says he blacked out Djoko Soejoto 10-05-2010 - 22:16

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com