St. Maries River Railroad - first time visitor
Author: Robert W. Scott
Date: 07-21-2009 - 21:41

First day of vacation here on Lake Coeur D Alene, I ventured south to the St. Maries, ID to unearth new territory on one of the last loggers around. After learning that a late start wouldnt ruin my chances I arrived in St. Maries, checked in at the depot and found the crew switching the mill prior to taking a cut of empties to Clarkia to exchange for loads. On the point today were two ex MILW GP9s, lots of forty foot cars which several were built in the late 40s. Bringing up the rear was an ex-BN wide vision caboose. Photos from the trip can be located on Train Orders link or on Railroad Forums link.

I do have a question - what year did they stop running on the line to the Regulus Stud mill?

Thanks in advance.

Robert Scott
Rochester, WA

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  St. Maries River Railroad - first time visitor Robert W. Scott 07-21-2009 - 21:41
  Re: St. Maries River Railroad - first time visitor Bruce Kelly 07-22-2009 - 08:03
  Re: St. Maries River Railroad - first time visitor Robert W. Scott 07-22-2009 - 08:45
  Re: St. Maries River Railroad - first time visitor Bruce Kelly 07-22-2009 - 12:16

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com