W&I question
Author: Chuck Best
Date: 07-28-2009 - 16:30

Stan,
In the earlier thread about Moscow, ID, you mentioned that the propane business wasn't enough to even pay to maintain the Xing signals, I'm wondering how many cars per year were needed. I finished UofI the same time the line shut down and over my 6 year experience at UofI the propane dealer averaged 39 cars a year, with the last two and a half years being more that the prior years with propane coming in from both the UP and BNSF sides of the operations---almost one car a week. (There was also an average of 6 cars of farm machines per year and Crites was very erratic and shipped mostly UP--about 43 cars a year.) I railfanned while other students drank. Just wondering from a business standpoint how much traffic was needed to maintain the signals and mile and a half of track----gives me an idea how things work. Thanks.
BTW, have you gotten your second F-unit yet and if so, do they run together---would like to get some shots next time I visit the area. thanks again.
Chuck

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  W&I question Chuck Best 07-28-2009 - 16:30
  Re: W&I question Jason Kuehn 07-28-2009 - 20:11
  Re: W&I question Shortline Sammie 07-28-2009 - 21:56
  Re: W&I question Nancy Stein 07-29-2009 - 16:38
  Re: W&I question Matt Farnsworth 07-30-2009 - 22:01

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com