Union Pacific Units on the CPR
Author: J.B.Bane
Date: 08-23-2009 - 20:28

I spent last Friday night at Fernie, British Columbia. My wife and I went out for an evening walk around town and up near the old rr depot area, I could hear the very strong throb of a train headed eastbound into town. I think the track is upgrade both directions with a crest in the track near the depot, with the track resuming the climb through Crow's Nest Pass further East. We waited at a good vantage point and were surprised to see the train had 2 UP units on the front. It was a fairly long train and it sounded like the 2 units were really pulling hard to the crest probably run 8 and moving about 35mph. It was a nice evening railfan moment. Anyway I got to wondering what the circumstance is for these UP units to be on CPR? I have seen CPR units on grain trains years back down by Umatilla, Wa., but even though I visit S.E. B.C. about twice a year this was the first time I recall seeing UP units up there.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Union Pacific Units on the CPR J.B.Bane 08-23-2009 - 20:28
  Re: Union Pacific Units on the CPR Holly Gibson 08-23-2009 - 21:20
  Re: Union Pacific Units on the CPR Bruce Kelly 08-23-2009 - 21:42
  Re: Union Pacific Units on the CPR Matt Farnsworth 08-23-2009 - 22:12
  Re: Union Pacific Units on the CPR hepkema 08-24-2009 - 16:28

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com