Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding.
Author: Matt Farnsworth
Date: 09-04-2009 - 21:35

"Palouse River and Coulee City Rail Authority (which oversees the PCC, W&I, & EWG operated trackage)"
Are you sure that it isn't 'The' PCC railroad, the one the still runs between Colfax/Thornton and Hooper (PV Hooper line) and into Walla Walla WA?

[www.watcocompanies.com]

I know for a fact the track the W&I and EWG are running on is owned by the state of Washington. (Ehh, not so good grammar, but you get my point.) If the Palouse River and Coulee City Rail Authority is applying for this funding, it's likely for the PV Hooper line/line into Walla Walla

Also, yes, I and/or others could comment on the Moscow abandonment, and if we really wanted to, could probably present pretty solid evidence to contest it and/or show that WATCO has done some par-legal things already. But like I have said before, to what point and purpose? None of the 2 shippers left in Moscow seem to, from what I have heard, have any interest in moving things by rail. Even if they did, what little revenue wound be generated isn't enough to cover the cost of crossing signal maintenance for 5 lights and gates crossings, which is the reason the line beyond Wilson was declared out of service back in the summer of 07. The ONLY reason I could ever foresee for keeping the tracks is if the City of Moscow wanted them for passenger commuter service. However, the city hasn't said a word on the subject, so their loss. At this point, it would be better to get rid of what has become a nasty eyesore, replace it with a nice paved trail to connect the Chipman and Lath trail, and turn the torn down Moscow Seed Co elevator lot into a park.
Matt
Moscow ID

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Throttle Hog 09-04-2009 - 17:57
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Matt Farnsworth 09-04-2009 - 21:35
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Dilbert 09-05-2009 - 07:15
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Matt Farnsworth 09-05-2009 - 10:13
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Wes Victor 09-05-2009 - 14:37
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. E 09-05-2009 - 19:18
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Matt Farnsworth 09-06-2009 - 12:30
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. E 09-06-2009 - 12:48
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Christian J. Goepel 09-06-2009 - 14:48
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. E 09-06-2009 - 15:20
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Rich Hunn 09-06-2009 - 17:39
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. sp_redelectric 09-06-2009 - 20:21
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Matt Farnsworth 09-06-2009 - 21:44
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. sp_redelectric 09-07-2009 - 16:29
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Dave Smith 09-07-2009 - 19:10
  Re:Passenger service report 9/8/09 More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Dilbert 09-09-2009 - 09:08

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com