Boeing Renton
Author: Dick Seelye
Date: 04-10-2007 - 11:58

This morning's edition of Fairview Fanny sports section has a great aerial photo of most of the plant, the Renton airport, a bit of Lake Washington, clouds over the Olympics, and the redeveloping industrial property towards I405. The primary purpose of the photo was to show where the future basketball stadium would be located.

From our avocation interest side, some of the former Northern Pacific eastside line can be seen. This line was later relocated close to I405 and connected to the Great Northern, former Pacific Coast Coal line to Black Diamond. Thus, the current route of the Spirit of Washington Dinner Train.

For our Boeing experts: What is the route of the narrow-body fuselages, from the lower-right corner and into the plant? Which door of which building?

All Wichita products travel nose-first, which would be tail-first into the plant. Correct?

Am I correct in remembering that Boeing Everett has a turntable to protect from Murphy's Law?

The plant dates from construction of the B-29, necessitated by the long over-water trips to Japan, and back.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Boeing Renton Dick Seelye 04-10-2007 - 11:58

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com