DVD Recommendations For Christmas/Holiday Gifts?
Author: Sasquatch
Date: 12-17-2009 - 15:36

How about it out there?...any good recommendations for good DVDs I can give my friends for the holidays (or ask Mrs. Squatch for nyuk nyuk nyuk)?

Thanks in advance to all who post replies.

As for me, I received my copy of the "Official DVD Video of TrainFestival 2009" from the Steam Railroading Institute earlier in the week, and Mrs. Squatch and I sat down and watched it last night. Both of us really enjoyed it...a very well-done DVD with some of the prettiest steam footage I've ever seen. It's not strictly a railfan video with endless run-bys, etc. Instead, it's more like an interesting documentary with a good story to it and interviews, history, nice background music, and GREAT steam runbys and other shots.

If you're looking for a great last minute gift for a fellow trainhead friend or family member, I can highly recommend this DVD as an inexpensive gift (about $22.50 including shipping, if I remember correctly) and the producer says part of the money goes toward helping with the expenses of Pere Marquette 1225's 15-year overhaul and inspection; so that's another great reason to order one or two of these DVDs as gifts. I give this DVD a hearty two thumbs up!

Check it out here:
[www.mstrp.com]

PS: By the way, I have no financial (or other) interest in Steam Railroading Institute...I'm just passing along a recommendation for a good DVD.

Also--while I'm flogging good videos--I'd also recommend the "Rayonier #2: A Willamette Rides Again" DVD that Jeff Johnson (Words & Pictures Productions) put together. I love logging steam and he did a fine job showing off the first run of the Willamette at the Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad earlier this year. So if you like logging steam, you might want to take a look at this DVD. I think it runs about $25 and I definitely give it thumbs-up.

Jeff's site is at:
[www.trainvideosandparts.com]

PS: And again, I have no financial (or other) interest in Words & Pictures Productions...I just enjoyed this DVD a lot.

Hope this helps.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Holidays to you all from me and Mrs. Squatch!

--Sasquatch

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  DVD Recommendations For Christmas/Holiday Gifts? Sasquatch 12-17-2009 - 15:36
  Re: DVD Recommendations For Christmas/Holiday Gifts? George Andrews 12-17-2009 - 15:43
  Re: DVD Recommendations For Christmas/Holiday Gifts? Tom 12-17-2009 - 15:49
  Re: DVD Recommendations For Christmas/Holiday Gifts? Homer Simpson 12-17-2009 - 17:05
  Re: DVD Recommendations For Christmas/Holiday Gifts? Jim Fitzgerald 12-17-2009 - 20:00
  Re: DVD Recommendations For Christmas/Holiday Gifts? Jim Fitzgerald 12-18-2009 - 15:00
  Re: DVD Recommendations For Christmas/Holiday Gifts? Mr. Burns 12-20-2009 - 19:37
  Re: DVD Recommendations For Christmas/Holiday Gifts? espeefoamer 12-21-2009 - 16:59

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com